Re: [tlaplus] Answering Questions

I agree with Leslie but as I have been studying and absolutely love TLA+ it seems like such an advanced subject that is easy to get wrong. I struggle with it in the background but try to figure it out on my own as NOT to only ask questions and leave. Also, when someone has been doing something for so long, they may forget how much they understand vs newer people. What is basic to and advanced user (You and Stephan) is very advanced for newer users (me and others). While some do come just to ask questions, for me it seems hard to contribute as there are so many aspects to TLA+ that I haven’t even ventured into as my projects are smaller in nature or I simply don’t know how to apply more advanced methods to my projects. It may be a matter of not knowing how to contribute to others questions when I know or feel that I will likely be completely wrong/unhelpful.

Eighty percent (probably more like 99%) of the topics I don’t even know what the base subject is. So, maybe your comment is more directed at more intermediate/advanced users of TLA+ and people with overall more coding knowledge. It feels that I would merely detract from the conversation therefore I stay silent and watch in the background.