Re: [tlaplus] AND operator

Thank you all for the help. I ended up using IF .. THEN .. ELSE TRUE, which seemed easiest.

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:55:39 AM UTC-5 martin...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

Just a remark if you are designing your Next state relation: this is often
written as a disjunction of actions (which makes non-determinism possible). What
you might want to write could be along the lines of:

This amounts to stating "if x and y hold, then the next value of z is 42, if x
but not y holds, then the next value of z is 11; if x does not hold then the
next value of z is 23". In this example all cases are mutually exclusive but
that's not necessary (e.g. just remove the /\ y from the first line).

hope this helps! kind regards,
Martin