Re: [tlaplus] Is this a (hidden) variable that tells me the state the model checker is in?

Programmers unlike other engineers tend to comment on questions not asked ... then not answer the question as asked ... thereby adding no value. The rule is: answer the question as-is, then of course, continue on to other thoughts.

In this case this comment,
>TLC check suitable properties
is fully implied to using a model checker in the first place.

I asked the question I did because I still continue to find TLA+'s interpretation of PlusCal code (see the issue elsewhere in this group) weird. Print helps me understand how TLA thinks in small corner cases.

On Monday, November 16, 2020 at 3:13:16 PM UTC-5 Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 16.11.20 09:28, recepient recepient wrote:
> ... to do something like,
>
> print << __state_num__, msgQueue >>; (* perhaps state_num is hash on
> current state *)
>
> to help disambiguate msgQueue in different states which have the same valu?

You don't give much detail or context, but you appear to be relying on
TLC's print operator to understand your spec. Don't do this! Instead,
have TLC check suitable properties for which it produces useful
error-traces.