Re: [tlaplus] Raft Spec Checking problem

i'll check that too, thanks

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 1:28:54 PM UTC+3:30 Jack Vanlightly wrote:
Hi,

If I remember correctly, the message sending in that spec is a bit broken. It uses a function for the messages with message -> counter. Sending increments the counter and receiving should decrement the counter, but there are no checks on the value of the counter, meaning that a message can be received infinitely and the counter go negative.

That might cause excess running time. I would fix that issue and see if it helps.

Jack

From: tla...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <tla...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of sadjad tala <sadjadta...@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 30 September 2020 11:15
To: tlaplus <tla...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tlaplus] Raft Spec Checking problem

Hello,
I run the raft protocol specification from Diego Ongaro's Ph.D. dissertation. Now I use a server and run thread on 6 core with 25Gb ram. After 3 hours, it still keeps running.
How can I estimate how long will it take for a complex spec. is there any Variants or Liveness property that may help? does anyone got any suggestion?
Thanks a lot.