[tlaplus] Using formal methods to reason about probabilistic systems

A long while back I posted a hilariously uninformed idea about using TLA+ to check systems that use probability: https://groups.google.com/g/tlaplus/c/ZDe9ogog6mE/m/GmBVdr-8DQAJ

After a lot of reading & learning, I've summarized how you actually can do this - not with TLA+ currently, but with PRISM. Includes some very interesting material on the subtle distinction between nondeterminism and probability. Who knows, maybe MDPs could be integrated into TLA+ some day far from now. I hope you enjoy!

https://ahelwer.ca/post/2020-04-15-probabilistic-distsys/

Andrew