Re: [tlaplus] Import existing TLA files

Aha, thanks Markus and Carl. Yes, rather confusing — also, the file appears greyed out. But chugging along does indeed import the file.

—Alexander

On May 1, 2020, at 7:31 AM, Carl Thuringer <carl.thuringer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The toolbox makes this confusing.

1. File > Open Spec > Add New Spec... > Browse - select the .tla file which you want to create models for.
2. "MySpec.tla already exists, do you want to replace it?" : This is misleading. It will not replace the spec. Just click 'replace'.
3. If you're re-importing a forgotten module, ensure 'Import Existing Models' is checked.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:34 PM Markus Kuppe <tlaplus-google-group@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30.04.20 17:13, Alexander Bakst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a couple TLA files using a text editor that for the sake of
> anonymity we will call vimacs. I'd like to import them into the TLA
> Toolbox, however I can't quite figure out how to do that -- is there a
> way other than creating a new spec then copying/pasting the files that I
> wrote in vimacs?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

File > Open Spec > Add New Spec... > Browse - Select the root module of
a set of modules > Finish

Cheers,
Carl Thuringer