Re: [tlaplus] learning tla+ strategy

It really depends on what you are intending to use TLA+ for. I'm assuming that you are interested in using TLA+ for specifying and verifying some actual system. The video course and Practical TLA+ should be your first steps. Auxiliary variables is advanced stuff that you are unlikely to need in most practical cases. If you want to look at some more introductory material, you may want to consider reading the Hyperbook. But I'd recommend that in parallel you work on your own specs and go back to reading when you are lost.

My 2 cents,
Stephan