[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] Re: "Uknown Operator" in refinement mapping

I think you want to write

THEOREM SOSpec => HashmapSpec!HashmapSpec

The formula SOSpec is defined in the module that introduces the refinement, not in the one for the high-level spec.

Stephan

On 7 Apr 2020, at 15:00, Åsmund Kløvstad <aqissiaq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, thank you for the response.
Here is a minimal example using the same hashmap spec and a very minimal SOSpec that gives me the same error.

- Åsmund

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 11:24:34 PM UTC+2, loki der quaeler wrote:
Hi,

This sounds potentially like a parsing bug; could you provide a fully contained MODULE file in which this is reproducible?

Thanks - loki

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 3:57:33 AM UTC-7, Åsmund Kløvstad wrote:
Hi,

I am working on a refinement mapping and getting an error I do not understand.

I'm attempting to show that SOSpec implements the spec hashmap and I've got the following in the module that contains SOspec:

(**************************)
(*Split-order spec        *)
(**************************)
SOSpec == SOInit /\ [][SONext]_<<keys, list, buckets, size, count>>

(*********)
(*A refinement mapping of the hashmap spec with the map defined by the SOFind action*)
(***********)
HashmapSpec == INSTANCE hashmap WITH map <- [k \in PossibleKeys |-> SOFind(k)]

(********************************)
(*Split-order implements hashmap*)
(********************************)
 THEOREM SOSpec => HashmapSpec!SOSpec

The toolbox is giving me the error "Unknown Operator: SOSpec" after the bang on the last line. (And the same error if I try to check the property `HashmapSpec!SOSpec` with TLC)

It seems to me like SOSpec is very clearly defined a few lines earlier, so what does this error mean?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/5794ed15-b774-4acd-81c0-b464924fa4cf%40googlegroups.com.
<minimal.zip>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/E22C2A19-C580-4630-9287-DC141E808B63%40gmail.com.