Re: [tlaplus] meaning of CONSTANT

Thanks Stephan, that does help. I have a clarification question: In the second case, where we are trying to prove a theorem about (all instances of) the spec, is it still (intuitively) the case that a CONSTANT is only required to remain constant over a behavior? And in that case the difference between declaring CONSTANT K and K == <some value> is that in the latter case, any behavior that satisfies the assumptions must also satisfy all instances of the spec for all behaviors in which K has <some value>?

thank