[tlaplus] How can I turn off automatic display on a Mac?

Hi
     On the web page https://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/tlatoolbox/doc/spec/pretty-printing.html it states that The built-in viewer option is not offered on Mac OS X.  but currently with Mac OS the toolkit is crashing after running "produce PDF version" and after generating the State Graph.  (It  has been explained how to stop the state graph being produced and dump the result in a foo.dot file but the resulting image lacks some important information to understand fairness)
      The foo.tex foo.pdf and foo.dot files are are being produced correctly prior to the tool crashing. If any one knows how to stop the toolkit trying to display the results (as hopefully that would stop the tool from crashing) it would make my life a lot easier.
kind regards david