[tlaplus] Re: Converting a set into a tuple in one step

Here is another, more conventional way:

RECURSIVE S2T(_)
S2T(S) == IF Cardinality(S) = 0 THEN <<>>
          ELSE
          LET
            x == CHOOSE x \in S : TRUE
          IN
            <<x>> \o S2T(S \ {x})

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 5:25:21 AM UTC-7, Jam wrote:
Well, I have figured it out. With the help of https://learntla.com/tla/ , i learned that tuples are functions and found a useful operator:

Range(T) == { T[x] : x \in DOMAIN T }
Seq2(S, n) == UNION {[1..m -> S] : m \in 1..n}

which I then use as follows to get what I need:

SetToTuple(set) ==
    CHOOSE x
\in Seq2(set, Cardinality(set)) : Range(x) = set

It's no joke that TLA+ has a steep learning curve!