[tlaplus] Optimizing for model checking

Hi,

Is there guidance or any in depth write ups about optimizing specifications for model checking runtime?

I already use state constraints in my model as the primary way of limiting TLC runtime and resource usage. Also I turn off profiling and use symmetry sets where possible.

I would love to know of any useful state space limiting techniques people have used (beyond simple state constraints).

After that I am thinking that choice of data structure matters. For example, looking up a value in a function would be more efficient than scanning a set or sequence.

Any guidance or write-ups on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Jack