Re: [tlaplus] [TLAPS] Is there a way to see the steps taken by the automated prover to prove a goal ?

Hi,

currently we do not export detailed proofs from the automatic backends. What would be your use case for such detailed proofs? Most of the backends could export a proof trace, and we imagine that such traces could be useful for certifying the proof by a trusted backend such as Isabelle/TLA+. (There is an option to do this for proofs found by Zenon.) However, proof obligations often undergo quite significant transformations between the TLA+ statement and  the formulas that are sent to the backend, so I am skeptical that a proof trace would be intelligible at the TLA+ level.

It would probably not be so difficult to extract the user-provided facts that were actually used in a proof, although the transformations done in pre-processing would again have to be tracked.

Regards,
Stephan