Re: [tlaplus] Could it be possible to check the variable starting alphabet

Hello,

according to TLA+ semantics, a string is a sequence of characters, so you could write something like

myletter[1] = "A"[1] /\ myletter[Len(myletter)] = "a"[1]

However, TLC treats strings as primitive objects and doesn't convert them to sequences / functions when needed. This also means that you cannot really do any string manipulation in your specification if you want to be able to analyze it with TLC. I'd recommend using sequences instead of strings.

Regards,
Stephan