Re: [tlaplus] Merging EXCEPT statements

Try the following, as per equation (16.7) of Specifying systems:

a' = [a EXCEPT ![x] = X, ![y] = Y]

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 1:03 PM <jacky.hoang93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Suppose I have a function a, that has domain Z. Suppose x and y are in Z.
I'm writing an action where both a[x] and a[y] must be changed.

I have one line of the following form:

  a' = [a EXCEPT ![x] = ...]

and another like so:

 a' = [a EXCEPT ![y] = ...]

 How would I be able to write this altogether as one? Having both doesn't seem to work with Model Checking as count = 0 for those lines.

I apologize if I'm using the wrong terms to explain my problem.

Thanks for any help