[tlaplus] Scope of the QED keyword

Hi,

   What is the scope of the QED keyword?

   In my understanding, at any point in a proof, the QED keyword represents the main goal of the level in which it is being used. That goal may be the main theorem of the proof or the goal of a step in a hierarchical proof.

   I am asking because I have not found this explicitly mentioned anywhere (maybe I have missed some part of the documentation).

Thank you