[tlaplus] Re: [noob] Liveness property not violated as expected

On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 05:50:36 UTC-4, Michael Chonewicz wrote:
Ah, so thats what it was! Thank you. I have modified ReceiveMsg to look like this:

ReceiveCallback(msg) ==
    TRUE
And used ReceiveCallback in the liveness instead of ReceiveMsg:

LivenessSpec ==

/\ \A msg \in Message :

\E result \in ResultssForMsg(msg) :

ReceiveCallback(msg) ~> ResultCallback(result)

The ResultCallback already looked like ReceiveCallback above. This fixed the compile issue. Then i removed the old LivenessSpec from my Spec completely(not even fairness is left):

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying that `ReceiveCallback` and `ResultCallback` are _both_ just equivalent to TRUE?

If that's the case, then the temporal property is trivially satisfied for every behaviour. It comes down to `TRUE -> TRUE`.

Or have I misunderstood?

Jay P.