[tlaplus] Re: Invariant TCTypeOK is violated in a simple spec

Thanks guys !!!

I modified the spec and now not getting error.
Actually I was confused by the error trace which showed red highlight on variable i when in states 3,4,5...etc. which led me to think that the invariant is violated at those steps also. I now feel that this is complete error trace leading to i == 21 which actually violated the invariant, not the steps in between.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 10.34.11 AM.png

Modified spec with no error:
---------------------------- MODULE RingCounter ----------------------------
EXTENDS Naturals, TLC, Integers
VARIABLES i

TCTypeOK ==
/\ i> 0
/\ i <= 20

Init == i \in (2..20)

Wrap ==
IF i > 19 THEN i' = 1 ELSE  i' = i + 1

FirstHalf ==
/\ i<10
/\ Wrap

Mid ==
/\ i=10
/\ Wrap

SecondHalf ==
/\ i>10
/\ Wrap

Next ==  FirstHalf \/ SecondHalf  \/ Mid \/ Wrap