Re: [tlaplus] Re: Write custom java code function plug-in for PLUSCAL/TLA to compute combinations on sequences w/ dups?

I believe that the post [1] on StackOverflow, with a link to a worked-out example on GitHub, should help you get started.

If I understand correctly, the TLA+ specification of your operator would be

Range(s) == { s[i] : i \in DOMAIN s }

RECURSIVE PermSeqs(_,_)
\* set of sequences of length k that are permutations of elements of sequence s
PermSeqs(s,k) ==
  IF k=0 THEN { << >> }
  ELSE { t \in [1..k -> Range(s)] : \E i \in 1 .. Len(s) :
                   /\ Head(t) = s[i]
                   /\ Tail(t) \in PermSeqs(SubSeq(s,1,i-1) \o SubSeq(s,i+1,Len(s)), k-1) }

For example,

PermSeqs(<<1,2,2,3,4>>, 2) =

PermSeqs(<<1,2>>, 3) = {}

Stephan