[tlaplus] Can TLA+ be used to verify algorithms with a level of abstraction?

Hi,

   I have an algorithm that I want to prove is correct. I have already proven that it is correct in a human-readable proof by using induction. However, the actual implementation of the code in python is very large. I was wondering if TLA+ a suitable language for writing algorithms with a level of abstraction and formally verifying that the loop invariants and procedure pre/postconditions hold.

   PS. - I am new to formal verification and TLA+ seems like the tool with the best online support and a good IDE.

Thank you