[tlaplus] Re: Unknown operator error during the TLA+ lectures

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 8:21:56 PM UTC+1, neil.o...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey Michael,

Yeah this is really confusing first time around :)

So you have created the new TwoPhase module inside the TCommit specification (File > Open Module > Add TLA+ Module > "TwoPhase").

To create a model that checks just the TwoPhase specification, you need to now create a brand new specification (File > Open Spec > Add New Spec). In this dialog, select the file TwoPhase.tla as your root-module. Leave the Specification name as TwoPhase.

This will create a new specification called TwoPhase, and will show both the TwoPhase.tla module and the TCommit.tla module within it (because TwoPhase implements TCommit via the INSTANCE keyword).

You can now create a model inside this new specification, and it should work as expected.

HTH,

Neil