[tlaplus] Re: How does Fairness relate to the State Graph

This is actually one of my case examples of the limits of PlusCal. What's going on is that one of two things can happen at oneMore: either we go to upx (pc' = "upx") or we go to upy (pc' = "upy"). By making oneMore fair, we are saying, very roughly, that it will eventually make progress, aka it will always do one of those two things. But we are not saying which one it will do! There's no restriction that we won't just go from oneMore to upx every single time we take the oneMore action. And, in fact, it's impossible to express this in just PlusCal, at least not without some janky process jury rigging.

On the other hand, if we write the same thing in TLA+ we could add in  SF_x(oneMore /\ pc' = "upx") and then guarantee that we'd go from oneMore to upx infinitely often. We have to use strong fairness here because the action isn't always enabled.