Re: [tlaplus] Error when adding an Invariant

On 25.09.2015 17:12, Sowmy Srinivasan wrote:
> I am new to TLA Plus. I am writing a model for some replication
> stuff I am working on. When I add an Invariant property to the
> model checker I get the following error. Invariant 'No value in
> valueList [] for 0. Bug in TLCModelLaunchDataProvider.' is violated
> by the initial state:
>
> Console has the following: @!@!@STARTMSG 2107:1 @!@!@ Invariant
> inv_14431923173141960000 is violated by the initial state:
>

> Can someone throw light on what this error means? Thanks Sowmy

Hi Sowmy,

this is a TLA+ Toolbox bug we thought is fixed in its most recent
version (1.5.1). The Toolbox races to read a data structure while its
being written. Is this reproducible if you re-run the model checker?

> PS: Is TLA tool source available as open source?

Yes, you can find it at
https://tlaplus.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets?branch=master

Thanks
Markus