Re: [tlaplus] Re: Temporal property

Dear Leslie,

thank you for your comments. Yes, my reading includes chapter 14.

TLA+toolbox is a blackbox, if not provide possibility to explore their internal mechanisms. And this is what users typically expect from Print operator.

In chapter 14 you said "TLC usually evaluates an _expression_ many times, so inserting a Print _expression_ in the specification can produce a lot of output." This exactly means that structure of output reflects parsing procedure, but not structure of the model or its behaviour.

Print becomes useful if we not only get values, but know points / rules / structure of the output.

And this looks like a problem, especially if we compare parser of a mathematical language with a parser of a programming language, where structure of output is strictly defined.

Yes, to implement output in a language composed from formulas Print also should be a formula.

I use Print only as true formula, and try to avoid all possible optimisation issues, but not always may predict / explain structure of Print output. Another point that seems to be the output depends on the TLC version as well.

Best regards,

Vitaliy.