Re: parsing config file in command line mode

Hi Kirsten,

in order to get around the restrictions on expressions allowed in configuration files, you may consider doing like the Toolbox does when it calls TLC: create an intermediate TLA+ module that extends the original one and adds extra definitions corresponding to the values to be substituted for constant parameters. In your case, something like

@null == 0
@N = 3
@undef = <<3,3>>

Then create a configuration file for that new module where the constants from the original module are replaced by the constants defined in the intermediate module, like so

null <- @null
N <- @N
undef <- @undef

(plus any model values). In this way, your configuration file never contains complex expressions.

Stephan