Re: [tlaplus] Re: Some user feedback

  >>The one thing I intensely long for is a REPL; the lack of an environment that I can use to build models incrementally with immediate feedback, in a language such as TLA+ (which would lend itself so well to it) makes me sad. I'm aware of the "evaluate constant _expression_" feature in the toolbox, but that is a clunky substitute a long way off from the seamless experience of a REPL.

Yes, a REPL would be terrific.  Until someone builds one, the closest thing I know is the partial support for TLA+ in the ProB Logic Calculator [1] (which was inspired by Leslie's notion of a logic calculator [2]).

Unfortunately, when I just tried to use the online version of the calculator [1], I found that it is not working ("The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.")
But IIRC, the calculator is included with the downloadable (offline version) of the ProB Animator tool [3].

Note that the support for TLA+ is partial because TLA+ is essentially untyped but ProB is typed. See [4] for consequent limitations.

cheers,
Chris

[1] http://www.stups.uni-duesseldorf.de/ProB/index.php5/ProB_Logic_Calculator
[2] http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/logic-calculators.html