Writing unformal specs

In TAOCP Knuth has a beautiful way to write unformal algorithms.  I mean algorithms with a lot of words.
(Just have a look to TAOCP 4A for instance). They look good, They are unformal. They are precise. So far so good.

I was wondering how he did to write such good structured algorithms with a simple list. And here it is. He
uses gotos. Not true gotos, He simply replaces the constructs of structured programming by their equivalent
goto forms.

That way everything looks clean.

And here is where tlaplus intervenes: to get the goto form of structured algorithms use the steps generated
by PlusCal.

--
FL