The logic of discoveries

One of the best stories of discovery I know is the Pnueli's discovery that temporal logic well
fits algorithmic needs. It was during the night, he waked up his wife and simply told her that
he had found (1).

As simple as the discovery in fact. Much better than the discovery by Archimedes of
hydrostatic (in his bath, he shouted) or the discovery of the meaning of dreams by Freud during
his summer vacations after a party he had given for his wife's birthday.

(1) the discovery can be dated 1977 if I believe his bibliography:
http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~amir/c-and-j.html

--
FL