New support policy -- please respond:

There are too many different machine configurations in the world for us to test the Toolbox and the TLA+ tools on all of them.  Our plan is to have a small number of completely supported system configurations.

We will do our best to fix bugs that affect any of those configurations.  For bugs that affect only other configurations, we will decide on a case-by-case basis whether they are worth fixing, the decision depending on how serious the problem is and on the number of users affected.

We propose that there be three completely supported configurations, which initially are:

  - Windows 8.1, 64 bit, Java 8

  - Linux Ubuntu 14.04LTS, 64 bit, Java 8

  - Mac 10.10, 64 bit, Java 8

We will continue to provide 6 versions: 64-bit and 32-bit executables for Windows, Linux, and Mac.  We expect that most things will continue to work properly for most of the configurations that people use.

To check that this plan is reasonable, we would like answers to the following questions from all TLA+ users in the TLA+ Google Group:

  - What configuration (OS, number of bits, version of Java) are you

    now using?

  - What, if anything, would make it difficult for you to switch to

    one of the three configurations above?

DO NOT REPLY TO THE ENTIRE GROUP.  Please send your replies to tlaplus...@xxxxxxxxx .