Re: The level of the expression or operator substituted for 'Def' must be at most 0

Hi Andrew,

The error message is perfectly accurate.  When you instantiate a
non-constant module (one that has variables) like System, declared
CONSTANTs can be instantiated only by constant expressions.  (And
declared VARIABLEs can be instantiated only by state expressions.)

An important property of instantiation is that if the instantiation of
all the module's ASSUME statements are true, then the instantiation of
all its valid THEOREMs are true.  It's not hard to see that this property
would not hold if declared constants in non-constant modules could be
instantiated with non-constant expressions.

Leslie