How to define a partial function and add an element to a set of functions in TLA+?

Hi guys,

I've met some problems of function definitions. For instance, in math, I've got two sets A and B; and I'd like to define a partial function f as A -|-> B. Also, I want to define an operation that adding an element to the set, like f' = f \cup {(a, b)}, where a \in A and b \in B.

So in TLA+, I tried to write the spec like:

CONSTANT A, B

VARIABLES f

TypeOK == f \subseteq [A -> B]

Init == f = {}

Add(a, b) == f' = f \cup {[a |-> b]}

Next == \E a \in A, b \in B : Add(a, b)

However, I got errors when running model checking in TLC. It seems that it treats [a |-> b] as a record. But my purpose is to add a tuple of (a, b) to the function f, where f should be a set of tuples as it defined in math, like {(a1, b1), (a2, b2)}.

So how can I write it in TLA+?

Best Regards,
Changjian Zhang