Re: TLA+ and pluscal BNF grammars

The grammar of TLA+ is too complex to be described in BNF.  There is a link to a TLA+ specification of the TLA+ grammar on

  http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/tla2.html

A simplified version of an earlier specification of the original language appears in the book Specifying Systems.  The BNF grammars of PlusCal, treating TLA+ expressions as atoms, are in the appendices of the PlusCal manuals, linked to on

   http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/pluscal.html

Leslie