Re: [tlaplus] Reverse search of the state space

Hello,

some model checkers indeed work backwards from states violating the invariant, but in principle there is no reason to expect that this would lead to finding counter-examples faster. For TLA+ in particular (and even for the fragment accepted by TLC), computing predecessor states seems much harder than computing successor states, i.e. exploring the state space starting from the initial states.

Stephan