Re: Recursive definitions of higher-order operators

There is no plan to allow recursive definitions of higher-order operators.  I believe that Georges Gonthier believes that allowing them is not a problem.  I think that supporting them would just require a simple change to the parser and no change to TLC, though I'm not positive about that.  However, I found it hard enough to understand the meaning of a recursive definition of an ordinary operator, and I was not able to understand recursive definitions of higher-order operators well enough to be convinced of their soundness.  And recursive definitions of first-order operators are still not supported by TLAPS.

Leslie