Re: [tlaplus] Mapping items from one constant to another?

The definition

Init == owner \in [ORGANIZATIONS -> PEOPLE]

describes all possible states in which each organization is assigned to a person. From the remainder of your message it sounds like you'd like this function to be injective, i.e., no person owns two organizations. This can be written as

Init == owner \in { f \in [ORGANIZATIONS -> PEOPLE] :
                          \A o1,o2 \in ORGANIZATIONS : f[o1] = f[o2] => o1 = o2 }

Now, if there are fewer people than organizations, TLC will find that there is no initial state.

Regards,
Stephan