Re: [tlaplus] Idiomatically verifying state does not change

The idiomatic way to express "if A is false, B cannot happen" is

  ~A => ~ ENABLED B

When you write your algorithm in PlusCal, B will be expressed as the action corresponding to a label in the PlusCal algorithm, or perhaps to a disjunction of such actions.

Your formula T2 also works, but the _expression_ is less direct. Note that it is a safety property, even if it goes into the "properties" section of the TLC Toolbox pane. The invariants section may only hold state predicates (evaluated at every reachable state), and may therefore not contain any action formulas, such as UNCHANGED v, which is just shorthand for (v' = v).

Hope this helps,
Stephan