[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Trouble Running Toolbox on macOS Sierra

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 9:34:41 AM UTC-7, Daniel Gregoire wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> 
> I've looked through the list and I believe my scenario is distinct from the other macOS-related problems folks have brought up.
> 
> I'm trying to use the latest TLA+ Toolbox and macOS version 10.12.6. Whether I double-click the "TLA+ Toolbox.app" or run the toolbox executable directly (at "/Applications/TLA+ Toolbox.app/Contents/MacOS/toolbox"), I see the same behavior: the TLA+ splash screen appears and the top menu populates with "File", "Window", and "Help". After the splash disappears, only the chrome of a tiny window with the minimize/maximize/close buttons appears (just big enough to house those three buttons), then the process just sits there. The actual Toolbox window never appears.
> 
> When running from the command-line, I see logging that shows the underlying Jetty server starts up, etc., but then nothing happens, no obvious errors or stack traces, it just stays put, occasionally logging about scavenging a session.
> 
> I've tried Java versions 7, 8, and 9, all of which behave as described above on my machine.
> 
> Here is the Java 8 version I'm using:
> 
> Java version:
> java version "1.8.0_131"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
> 
> And TLA+ Toolbox logs over stdout and stderr using that version of Java to run it: https://gist.github.com/semperos/a0709c010645fc2a5a6ba250f97e184a
> 
> Any thoughts?
> 
> Regards,
> Daniel

I, too, find the TLA+ Toolbox not to work. I am on macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13). But where the OP does not even see the Toolbox window, I do see the window; however it is unresponsive: the link "Getting Started," e.g., doesn't work. The menu is also unresponsive (i.e. when the app is active, I cannot, e.g., get the 'File' menu to drop down; a click just doesn't register.)

Raphael