Assuming a contiguous subset of Nat

I wanted to express an assumption that my set Ver is a subset of Nat and is contiguous.  It seems it can be done using a Max() operator, like below:

(* A singleton set with a maximal element from S or empty set *)

Max(S) == { i \in S : \A j \in S : i >= j }

ASSUME /\ Ver \subseteq Nat \* Ver is a subset of Nat

       /\ \A i \in Ver : i + 1 \notin Ver => Max(Ver) = { i } \* Ver is contiguous

Is there a better/cleaner way to express this assumption?

Thank you,

Yuri