Re: TLAPS and string search algorithms

TLAPS doesn't support quantification over tuples or set constructors
using tuples.  That means it can't handle expressions like

   \E <<x, y, z>> \in S : ...}
   {<<x, y, z>> \in S : ...}

Such expressions are at best a minor convenience and are never
necessary.  TLAPS supports quantification over arbitrary sets and the
use of arbitrary sets in set constructors--including sets of tuples.

TLA+ represents strings as sequences of characters, though it provides
no way to write the character 'a' except as something like "a"[1].
Thus, "abc" equals <<"a"[1], "b"[1], "c"[1]>>.  However, TLAPS does
not support this and considers strings to be primitive objects.  (TLC
can evaluate some operations from the Sequences module like \o and
Len on strings.)

I expect that the easiest way to represent strings in string algorithms is
as finite sequences of an unspecified set of characters.

Leslie