Re: [tlaplus] my first tla program

Hello,

without seeing your spec it is impossible to guess what the problem is.

1. Did you follow Leslie's advice and write your specification as a single module? In particular, Leslie told you in a previous message about the limitation of TLC handling parameterized instantiation as in

  Op(x) == INSTANCE SomeModule WITH someConstant <- x

documented in http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/current-tools.pdf.

2. The definition

Calculate == \E r \in Nat : q'=r /\ q = r-1

cannot be evaluated by TLC because it contains quantification over an infinite set. You can instruct TLC to substitute a finite set for Nat (see Advanced Options -> Definition Override). But this does not seem to be the cause of your problem because you would have gotten a different error message.

Hope this helps,

Stephan