[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] need help with starting with writing a spec

Hello, I am a beginner and I am only starting to learn the concepts. I need to write a specification for a parser, and as far as I understand the only way to model the input stream of tokens is by using sequences. That is, I have to give a specific sequence of tokens to my model and run the model on this sequence. But any such sequence limits the ability of TLA+ to enumerate all possibilities and help me find problems in my spec. I would have to give manually generate a set of possible inputs for my model and try them one by one, I think, to be able to "exercise" all possible behaviors. Is what I am saying correct? Would someone please comment on this and point me in the right direction?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/e08c0ea1-6424-42bb-9f92-01f5f20b272bn%40googlegroups.com.