[tlaplus] need help with starting with writing a spec

Hello, I am a beginner and I am only starting to learn the concepts. I need to write a specification for a parser, and as far as I understand the only way to model the input stream of tokens is by using sequences. That is, I have to give a specific sequence of tokens to my model and run the model on this sequence. But any such sequence limits the ability of TLA+ to enumerate all possibilities and help me find problems in my spec. I would have to give manually generate a set of possible inputs for my model and try them one by one, I think, to be able to "exercise" all possible behaviors. Is what I am saying correct? Would someone please comment on this and point me in the right direction?