[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] hierarchical finite state machine - liveness

Thank you Hillel

It worked.   Your Hfsm example finally made TLA click for me.  

On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 12:34:17 PM UTC-4 Hillel Wayne wrote:

Hi Ryan

The problem is you have "What is the behavior spec" set to "initial predicate and next state relation", which doesn't use fairness. Change it to "temporal formula" and set the formula to "Spec" and it should work.

H

On 10/3/2023 10:34 PM, Ryan Dumouchel wrote:
Hi Hillel, does this work

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 11:20:30 PM UTC-4 Hillel Wayne wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Could you please share your .cfg file or a screenshot of your toolbox setup? It's passing for me.

H

On 10/3/2023 9:52 PM, Ryan Dumouchel wrote:
I'm trying to adapt one of Hilel Waynes' examples of a hierachical fine state machines.

My liveness property fails in stuttering.  

I want to show that eventually all states are visited

Not sure what I'm missing, any help appreciated

-------------------------------- MODULE smachine --------------------------------

EXTENDS TLC, Sequences \* For @@

VARIABLE state,  visited

States == {

"s"

"s1", "s2",  

"s11", "s21", "s211"

}

Events == {"A", "B", "C", "D", "E""F", "G", "H"}

TopDown == [s |-> {"s1", "s2", "Reports"}, 

s1 |-> {"s11"}, s2 |-> {"s21"}, s21 |-> {"s211"}] @@ [s \in States |-> {}]

Init == 

/\ state = "s11"

/\ visited = {}

vars == <<state, visited>>  

Next ==

/\ \E evt \in Events:

\/ state = "s11" /\ evt = "G" 

/\ visited' = {state} \union visited

/\ state' = "s211"

\/ state = "s211" /\ evt = "B"

/\ visited' = {state} \union visited

/\ state' = "s11"

all == {"s11","s211"}

EventuallyVisited == <>(visited = all) 

Spec == Init /\ [][Next]_vars /\ WF_vars(Next)

AlwaysInLeaf == TopDown[state] = {}

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/4bffd6a6-3cf5-4efc-8827-8e443301f290n%40googlegroups.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/57408a6b-b061-4029-a313-30d42c2ff814n%40googlegroups.com.

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/756e38d5-905b-4425-9b93-ccf0d49c347cn%40googlegroups.com.