Re: [tlaplus] Help with trivial spec: set generation

Disabling deadlock checking is standard practice when verifying algorithms whose executions are expected to terminate. Checking for deadlocks is mainly useful for algorithms that are expected to run forever, which is the case for many distributed algorithms.

Also, I suggested adding the fairness condition for verifying the liveness properties that you stated in the original version, in particular for verifying termination, i.e. the property <> done. It won't have an effect on deadlock checking: note that absence of deadlock is a safety property.

Stephan