Re: [tlaplus] Curious: stuttering vs recursive

I am not aware of the use of "recursive" that you refer to. Could you give a reference?

Stephan

On 27 May 2021, at 05:56, Huailin <huailin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Team,

While the word "stuttering" is really precise for describing that a state is not being updated/changed and stay as is after an action got applied, I am wondering why i feel the "stuttering" semantics herein in TLA+ is equal to the "recursive" in PL or some Formal Method fields.

I am very curious why Lamport proposed the "stuttering", instead of using the "recursive", to describe a state not being changed?:--))))

Thanks,

Mike