[tlaplus] Doing arithmetic with current state value and next state value of a variable in TLA+

Hello,

I want to write a (piece of a) formula like this:

y' = x' - x

But every time I try to run the model I get the error, «In evaluation, the identifier x is either undefined or not an operator.»

What is going on? Is it really not possible to write such formulas? why? How can I work around this?

Thanks.