Re: [tlaplus] Loop not terminating

Thanks, that's very helpful!

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 2:52:58 PM UTC+1 Stephan Merz wrote:
Your algorithm may fail to terminate due to stuttering: any TLA+ specification of the form

Init /\ [][Next]_vars

may take stuttering steps, even infinitely many. In order to rule out infinite stuttering, add a fairness assumption of the form

WF_vars(Next)

to the specification generated by the PlusCal translator. If you write "fair algorithm" instead of "algorithm", the PlusCal translator will generate that fairness condition for you.

Stephan