[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] Re: What operators are defined in TLA+ BUILTINS?

There is no actual TLA+ Builtins module; that was apparently an easy way to report that TRUE is a TLA+ primitive.  I'm not sure what you mean by "the language spec".  TRUE does appear in Table 1 of "Specifying Systems".  It's not part of the syntax specification because, syntactically, it's just an operator that takes no argument.  The only other such built-in operators in that table are FALSE, BOOLEAN, and STRING.  I can't think of any others, but perhaps someone can think of another one that isn't listed in that table that I have forgotten.  I expect searching SANY's code for BOOLEAN would reveal it if it exists.

Leslie
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 8:56:08 AM UTC-7 andrew...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
The operator TRUE, for example, is not part of the language spec. However if you try to define it:

TRUE == 5

You get a parser error saying it is already defined in module --TLA+ BUILTINS--. What other operators are defined in this module?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/c16d3ed7-02ff-45e9-b871-67b8e3822772n%40googlegroups.com.