Re: [tlaplus] Overriding operator which is used in a temporal property

On 13.04.21 21:47, pfeod...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way that I could use an overridden operator in a temporal property? E.g. `prop` is a `PROPERTY` and `MyOperator` is overridden by a Java method.

```
prop ==
   <>[]MyOperator(mainVar)
```

It works when not overridden, otherwise it gives me the following error (using the `TLAPlusOperator` interface)

Error: In evaluation, the identifier mainVar is either undefined or not an operator.

I'm doing this for a personal project and I understand that the evaluation of temporal properties is complex enough that I guess I should not be able to do this, but who knows.

Thanks

Hi,

pretty much all standard operators are overridden. Please open a Github issue with more detail.

Thanks,