[tlaplus] TLC error when choosing an arbitrary value

Hello folks,

When I try to choose an arbitrary value User like so:

User == CHOOSE Whatever : Whatever \notin Workers
Archivist == CHOOSE Whatever : Whatever \notin (Workers \union {User})

(where Workers is constant, a set of model values)

TLC complains with:

I'm confused. It looks similar to the "NoVal ≜ ..." statement in the caching memory example of Specifying Systems (here) and to the pattern described in this topic:
Null ≜ CHOOSE Null : Null ∉ Result

What am I missing? Valid TLA+/TLAPS statement but inivalid TLC?